In this episode, we force our views down the throat of our lovely guest, Miles Bridges. Miles is a musical artist and web developer. He’s an intelligent, honest, and compassionate person. Despite all that, he pays for animals to be slaughtered so that he can experience chunks of their corpse’s flesh in his mouth.
We explore the things holding him back from becoming vegan. They appear to be fish, barbecue, convenience, and ignorance. I politely SLAM HIM WITH THE FACTS.
Check his band out here: https://twitter.com/webabyfang
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | RSS | More
- 0:00 – Intro
- 1:27 – Why force veganism?
- 2:33 – Barbecue season
- 4:40 – Establishing ethics
- 5:33 – The futility of capitalism
- 6:47 – Does individual action matter?
- 8:17 – Cognitive dissonance
- 8:52 – Humane slaughter
- 10:25 – Imagining happy cows
- 12:11 – How did Cammy justify not being vegan?
- 13:57 – Food deserts
- 19:12 – What’s Miles’s excuse, though?
- 24:36 – Alien hypothetical
- 28:39 – Social pressure
- 30:42 – Preventing waste vs. setting an example
- 35:03 – When is it okay to use animals?
- 36:47 – Losing culture and art to veganism
- 38:51 – Are animals equal to humans?
- 41:15 – Conversation reflection
- 42:34 – Killing an animal vs a human
- 44:31 – Wrapping up
- 46:21 – Outro
produced and edited by Cammy
outro music by friends not food